It’s got to be my main worry with Windows – a computer that once was fast can become painfully slow.
Over the course of anything from a few months to a year, Windows can go from energetic to lazy. The good news is that many Windows slow-downs are easily fixed. Here are some tips on how to put some pep back into your PC.
Few simple steps you can apply at home for making your pc faster.
1. Clean your Temporary Files
Temporary files or temp or foo, are files formed from temporarily contain information while a new file is being made.
How to Remove temporary files
- Press the Windows Button + R to open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type %temp%
- Click “OK.” This will open your temp folder.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all.
- Press the “Delete” button of your keyboard and click “Yes” to confirm.
- All temporary files will now be deleted.
- Some of the files can prompt you to skip the file which cant be deleted. But it’s fine you can skip that.
2. Check for Malwares and Viruses
Install a good Antimalware and Antivirus Nothing chores windows to a stop like malware. Always might not be a hardcore malware or viruses or trojan, which would take your computer to a stop. Adwares or Spywares are also can be the reason for decelerating your system down.
Running systematic antivirus scans on your PC will help you stay on top of this.
You can use Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender Security Centre software for this or other third-party antivirus software.
Just make sure you run regular scans and remove any threats.
3. Remove programs from start-up
We often notice many apps start automatically after we start the PC, so we need to take a look at which programs are automatically running on start-up.
- You can do it on your own just open Task Manager by pressing the Windows key then write “task manager” after that click on the “Startup” tab.
- Now you can disable any of the applications you want just click on the disable button next to the application. So next time when you open your windows 10 device that application will not load automatically.
- Then, all you need to do is click the “disable” button next to any program you don’t want to automatically load when you turn on your Windows 10 device
4. Update your power settings!
If you are running your Windows 10 laptop on power saving mode. It may be one the reasons. This mode was designed to decrease performance in order to save energy.
By changing the power saving mode to high-performance mode can increase your PC speed and do the trick.
How to change power plan in windows 10 laptop or desktop